This post may contain affiliate links, my full disclosure can be read here.
Randy Seaver at Genea Musings has posted another great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge!
From his blog:
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (and I hope that all of you do!), is to:
1) Read Michael John Neill’s post 10 Signs You Have Genealogy OCD (come on, give Michael some link love) and the comments too (I know it’s an old post, we did this in 2011 too!).
2) Make up any number of sentences that will add to his list of signs that you have Genealogy OCD. From one to many, no limit! Be creative!!
3) Share your ingenuity and humor with us in your own blog post, in Comments to this post, in comments to Michael’s post, or in a comment on Google Plus or Facebook.
I had a great time reading Michael Neill’s post of 10 Sings You Have Genealogy OCD. I was laughing and nodding my head for most of the list!
Here is my list:
- You spend your “extra” time randomly Google searching ancestor names.
- You check RootsWeb trees and forums multiple times a day to see if anyone has posted on your surnames.
- You spend hours building family trees for DNA matches to try and find how your related to them.
- You check Family Tree DNA and GEDmatch daily to see if you have new matches.
- Your pile of sewing, knitting and crochet projects continue to pile up as every extra minute you would rather be searching Ancestry or FamilySearch.
- Your children’s story time is more about what Grandma and Grandpa did then the Little Red Hen.
- You go to all the used book sales in the area to scout for local history books.